Servings: 20-25 pcs | Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 30-35 min
2 cups flour
1½ cup sugar
1 cup shredded coconut
500 grams yogurt (about 2 cups)
¾ cup oil or butter
¼ cup chopped Paramount nuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup water
measuring cups, spoons and fork
2 medium size bowls
1 baking tray
1 medium saucepan
- Wash your hands with soap and water, and have your kitchen gear ready to start baking
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- In deep bowl beat eggs and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat yogurt until it is smooth and creamy. Add it to eggs and sugar mixture.
- Slowly add oil to the mixture and blend it evenly in the batter.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder and shredded coconut.
- Then add all dry ingredients to the batter and mix it well.
- Spread this mixture evenly onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until it is completely done. Cool it and set it aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, lemon and water to a boil until syrup thickens.
- Use a fork to gently poke holes in the top of the cake and pour this syrup evenly over the cake and let it soak through it.
- Sprinkle nuts.