Serves: 6-8 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Bake Time: 18-25 minutes
1¼ cups granulated sugar
¾ cup Organic Valley® butter
2 tablespoon water
2 large Organic Valley® eggs
2 teaspoon halal Vanilla extract
1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup cocoa
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Combine sugar, water and butter in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and slowly add this to the sugar mixture through a sieve.
- Spread into a baking dish that is large enough. Do not top off.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
For Chocolate Art
1 cup dark Belgium chocolate
Glass measuring cup
Plastic squeeze bottle
- Break up chocolate and place into glass measuring cup.
- Microwave the chocolate for 20 seconds. Mix with spoon and place back into micro- wave for 15 seconds. Be careful not burn chocolate.
- Pour warm chocolate into plastic squeeze bottle.
- Place wax paper on plate. Squeeze chocolate onto wax paper. Create your own unique designs. Try to keep them within a 2×2 inch dimension.
- Allow the chocolate to set in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Use the edge of your counter or dinner table to pull wax paper away from chocolate. Use on top of ice cream, brownies or dessert cakes.
- Instead of using a knife to cut out your brownie, use a biscuit cutter for a neat, finished look.
- Place the brownie on a plate, add scoop of vanilla bean ice-cream and top with Chocolate Art.
- Drizzle plate with chocolate sauce and garnish with a few caramelized walnuts. Serve immediately.