1.5 (700 grams) pound lamb chops – halal certified
6-8 fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon red chili pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons water
Marinating the Lamb Chops
- Place the lamb chops in a large bowl.
- Add the chopped mint leaves, parsley, crushed garlic cloves, olive oil, and spices to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add a little bit of water to dilute the mixture. Mix well.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour. You can marinate the lamb chops overnight if you want.
Grilling the Lamb Chops
- You can grill the lamb chops in your barbecue grill or a grilling plate that you place on top of a stove. Note: If you are using a grill plate, cover it with a little bit of olive oil.
- Grill the lamb chops on both sides for a few minutes each side. Note: grill the lamb for a shorter time if you like meat rare or medium-rare, and longer for well done. But be careful not to overcook or the meat will be too dry.
- Serve the lamb chops with rice and vegetables.