2 cups flour
2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 large eggs
¾ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup buttermilk
2¼ cup sugar
2 teaspoons halal vanilla flavor
2½ cups grated organic carrots
10 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
8 ounces sweetened, shredded coconut flakes
1 cup candied pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line three 9-inch round baking pans with parchment paper. Grease and flour pans, then set aside.
- Mix together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer to beat eggs, oil, buttermilk, sugar, and vanilla flavor together.
- Beat in the dry ingredient mixture. Fold in carrots, pineapple, coconut flakes, and pecans.
- Evenly distribute batter between the three pans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool pans completely before removing cakes. Set on wire rack. Spread frosting (recipe below) between the layers, on top, and sides of cake.
Vanilla Bean Mascarpone Cream Cheese Frosting
¾ cup butter
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 ounces mascarpone cheese
1 teaspoon halal vanilla flavor
1 vanilla bean pod, beans removed
3 cups powdered sugar
- Beat butter, cream cheese, and mascarpone with electric mixer on medium.
- Add vanilla flavor and vanilla beans. When mixture is creamy, add powdered sugar in three parts.