8 cups whole milk
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
¼ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons sliced pistachios or almonds
¼ cup shredded coconut
To Make Paneer/Indian Cheese:
- Mix lemon juice in half cup of hot water and keep aside.
- Boil the milk, stirring occasionally. As the milk comes to a boil, gradually add lemon juice and stir gently. When Milk starts to curdle, turn off the heat. Once the milk fat has separated from the whey, drain the whey using cheesecloth, or muslin cloth.
- Wrap the curds, rinse under cold water, and squeeze well.
- To take out the excess water, put a heavy weight on top of wrapped paneer.
- Once the paneer is drained, place it on a dry surface and knead until it rolls into smooth soft dough. Add sugar and coco powder and knead again until all is mixed.
- In a non-stick pan cook the mixture on low heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture starts leaving its edges. This should take about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Once the mixture becomes soft dough, turn off the heat and refrigerate it for an hour.
- Take out from refrigerator, divide the dough into 18 balls, and back in the refrigerator.
- Heat heavy cream to a boil.
- Pour it over chocolate chips and mix well until chocolate syrup consistency.
- Dip the truffles into chocolate ganache or drizzle over the truffles, garnish it with sliced pistachios, almonds or any nuts of your choice.
- Refrigerate them for few hours and serve them chilled!