Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes
2 lb. butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 apple, peeled and diced
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
12 sage leaves
4 cups of halal chicken or vegetable broth
½ cup of Organic Valley® heavy whipping cream
1½ tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons Organic Valley® butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
toasted baguette slices
- Heat large pot on a medium flame and add oil and butter.
- Place onions and garlic in a separate pan with sage leaves and sauté for five minutes.
- Add squash, apple and carrots to the large pot and cook 20 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Add broth, two cups at a time, to the vegetables.
- Blend with an emersion blender until a puree is formed.
- Add heavy whipping cream to the mixture. If you would like a thicker soup, dissolve the cornstarch with equal parts water, and stir it into the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg for a seasonal touch.
Herb Oil Ingredients
10 sage leaves
¼ cup olive oil
- Blend sage leaves and a dash of salt and nutmeg with olive oil in a traditional blender, and place into plastic squeeze bottle.
- Pour soup into bowl. Squeeze herb oil in spiral motion starting with the center of the soup bowl. Serve with a side of thinly sliced, toasted baguette.