with Malika Ameen
Moroccan Grilled Lamb Chops
By Hanane El Rhalib, Graphic Designer
1.5 (700 grams) pound lamb chops – halal cetified
6-8 fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
¼ cup for finely chopped parsley
2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon red chili pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of water
Marinating the Lamb Chops
1. Place the lamb chops in a large bowl.
2. Add the chopped mint leaves, parsley, crushed garlic cloves,
olive oil, and spices to the bowl. Mix well.
3. Add a little bit of water to dilute the mixture. Mix well.
4. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for
at least 1 hour. You can marinate the lamb chops overnight if
Grilling the Lamb Chops
5. You can grill the lamb chops in your barbecue grill or a grilling
plate that you place on top of a stove.
Note: If you are using a grill plate, cover it with a little bit of olive
6. Grill the lamb chops on both sides for a few minutes each side.
Note: grill the lamb for a shorter time if you like meat rare or
medium-rare, and longer for well done. But be careful not to
overcook or the meat will be too dry.
7. Serve the lamb chops with rice and vegetables.